Oil + Water cares about the future of our planet! Read about our thoughtful packaging and shipping options that help you to reduce your waste and carbon footprint as you shop with us.
Our sustainability efforts do not stop once a package leaves our door. All of our domestic packages are shipped using the UPS® carbon neutral option, which supports initiatives that offset the carbon emissions of the shipment's transport, such as reforestation and landfill gas destruction projects.
And once our products make their way into your hands, we do our best to ensure that their end-of-life is as sustainable as their production. In order to guarantee that the entire life cycle of our products and packaging does not compromise the health of our planet, we need your help. Please see the guide below for information on how to keep Oil + Water products and packaging out of our landfills and oceans.
CONTAINER RECYCLING PROGRAM
If you do not wish to reuse our glass containers, we will take them back and reuse or recycle them for you!
Once you accumulate 3 or more full-size glass containers*, you can request a free return shipping label from us by emailing email@example.com. Use the label to ship back any undamaged containers along with their closures (lids, droppers, sprayers, etc.) - once we receive the items, we will email you a coupon for $2 per returned container. To apply your coupon towards a new order, simply enter the provided code at checkout (coupon cannot be combined with any other offer, with the exception of free shipping).
* Feel free to include any starter/travel size or sample containers in your shipment, as long as you send back a minimum of 3 full-size containers. Please do not send back any cardboard containers - see below for how to properly dispose of these.
MATERIALS LIFE CYCLE GUIDE
All of our packaging is recyclable and we use the most eco-friendly shipping materials and product packaging possible. We have provided a guide below listing the eco-friendly attributes of each item you might find in your Oil + Water order.
All non-plastic items listed should be accepted by all curbside recycling programs. The lids/caps on our reusable bottles and jars as well as the shrink bands we use are made from recyclable plastic, but you may have to check with your local curbside recycling program to see if they accept these particular types of plastic. The materials and recycling codes for our plastic lids and caps can also be found below. If your local curbside recycling program does not accept any or all of these plastic types, there are online programs that will take them. A simple online search for "LDPE recycling," for example, can yield some options in your local area.
- Shipping boxes - 100% recycled; biodegradable; recyclable
- Shredded paper cushioning - 100% recycled; biodegradable; recyclable
- Tissue paper - 100% recycled; biodegradable; recyclable
- Packing tape - renewable; biodegradable; recyclable
- Shipping labels - 100% recycled; recyclable
- Info Cards - 100% recycled; biodegradable; recyclable
PRODUCT PACKAGING MATERIALS
- Labels - 100% recycled; recyclable
- Cardboard tubes - renewable; biodegradable (remove label as adhesive is not biodegradable); recyclable
- Glass jars and bottles (without lids) - reusable; recyclable
- Plastic lids/caps (polypropylene or PP) - reuseable; recyclable #5
- Plastic lid/cap liners (low density polyethylene or LDPE) - reuseable; recyclable #4
- Shrink bands - (polyvinyl chloride or PVC) - recyclable #3
Please keep in mind that we are a small company and we need your help to raise environmental awareness and to improve the environmental responsibility of the packaging industry. We cannot do it alone and we promise that your voice as a consumer matters immensely! As you continue to demand more sustainable options, those options will become increasingly available to small companies like Oil + Water. We invite you to please work with us towards a healthier planet and a more sustainable future.